A laser pointer is a portable device designed for the purpose of displaying characters or figures by irradiating laser light (limited to visible light) externally. This product is subject to the document review according to the Consumer Product Safety Act. To products with wireless functions, the Radio Act also applies, and therefore, documents related such Act are also required.
The sale of all products of this product type on the Amazon website must meet specified certification standards. To sell these products on Amazon, you must apply by submitting the following information and documents to this email address:
Documents per ASINs (please include the ASIN in the file name of the documents).
1. Copy(s) of “Notification of Business for Manufacturing (or Importing) Consumer Products” or the register information of manufacturing or import business on METI’s The Safety Portal Website. (the Table of Classification by Katashiki must be included)
2. Photograph of label that contains a PSC mark, name of the notifying supplier, name of registered conformity assessment bodies and cautions for use.
3. Certificate of Compliance (issued by a registered conformity assessment body; the document should include valid term of certificate)
4. Inspection record of required test items which are compliant with Consumer Product Safety Act.
5. Proof of METI’s approval if there is a difference between the Notified Business Name on the labels and the one in the Notification of Business
1. Certificate of Compliance (issued by a registered conformity assessment body, the document should include Technical Conformity (GITEKI) number on the label ).
2. Photographs of the label that contains a Technical Conformity mark (GITEKI).
1. Radio stations operating with extremely low power of emission compliance mark (ELP mark or TELEC mark), which must be shown at the product or the package
2. Documents that indicate the product is compatible with Radio stations operating with extremely low power of emission