A carbon monoxide alarms is designed to measure carbon monoxide (CO) levels over time and sound an alarm before dangerous levels of CO accumulate in an environment.
Amazon requires all CO alarms to be approved by The High Pressure Gas Safety Institute of Japan (HPGSIJ) or Japan Gas Appliances Inspection Association (JIA).
The sale of all products of this product type on the Amazon website must meet specified certification standards. To sell these products on Amazon, you must apply by submitting the following information and documents to this email address:
Documents per ASINs (please include the ASIN in the file name of the documents).
1. Copies of invoices issued in the last 365 days. These should reflect your sales volume during that time and contain product(s)’ name, JAN Code(s), and model number* (*in cases where the JAN Code(s) is not identified in the invoices)
2. A document issues and sealed or signed by the manufacturer demonstrating that you are an authorized reseller
3. Documents showing that you are the manufacturer of each of the ASINs you are seeking approval to sell
1. Photographs of Certification mark of HPGSIJ or JIA on the product
2. Photographs of the label (manufacturer's name, date of manufacture, etc.)
3. Picture of the entire product.
1. Copy of Notification of Business for Manufacturing (or Importing) Electrical Appliances and Materials (the copy must have a receipt stamp from METI, and the Table of Classification by Katashiki must be included in the copy) ; Or the register information of manufacturing or import business on METI’s The Safety Portal Website (the Table of Classification by Katashiki must be included)
2. Photograph of label (PSE mark, name of the notifying supplier, name of registered conformity assessment bodies and rated voltage etc. must be legibly displayed on the product)
3. Certificate of Compliance (the document must be issued by one of registered conformity assessment bodies and confirmed Model No. of rated label)
4. Proof of METI’s approval if there is a difference between the name of Notifier in labels and the one in Notification of Business
5. Inspection record (all final products must be tested)
If your products have acquired S-mark certification, you can submit the following documents instead:
1. Copy of Notification of Business for Manufacturing (or Importing) Electrical Appliances and Materials (the copy must have a receipt stamp from METI, and the Table of Classification by Katashiki must be included in the copy) ; Or the registered information of manufacturing or import business on METI’s The Safety Portal Website (the Table of Classification by Katashiki must be included)
2. S-mark certification (the model number and Ratings of Product need to be stated in the certificate and the model number must match the one of ASIN’s; a table which shows the relationship between the model number and ASIN must be attached.
1. Confirmation of volumetric energy density
2. Specifications etc. (a source of evidence for the volumetric energy density confirmation)
1. Certificate of Compliance (issued by a registered conformity assessment body, the document should include Technical Conformity (GITEKI) number on the label ).
2. Photographs of the label that contains a Technical Conformity mark (GITEKI).
1. Radio stations operating with extremely low power of emission compliance mark (ELP mark or TELEC mark), which must be shown at the product or the package
2. Documents that indicate the product is compatible with Radio stations operating with extremely low power of emission