Important: If you supply products for sale on Amazon, you must comply with all local laws and Amazon policies applicable to those products and product listings.
Product Definition and Photos
Hair remover is defined as a cosmetic product that removes hair by sandwiching it. It also includes light, laser and high frequency hair remover. An electric shaver that uses a sharp blade to scrape off hair is not included. If the product is out of scope of the Electrical Appliances and Materials Law, AC adaptor is subject to review under the law.
The sale of all products of this product type on the Amazon website must meet specified certification standards. To sell these products on Amazon, you must apply by submitting the following information and documents to this email address:
Note: You may need to wait for a while until your application is confirmed. Please refrain from creating duplicate cases during this time. Duplicate submissions cause a delay in review.
Merchant Token/Vendor ID
Email address (of which you registered to Amazon)
A list of ASINs with Name of Business for Manufacturing (or Importing) and Name of manufacturer(s) you are applying to sell
Documents per ASINs (please include the ASIN in the file name of the documents).
Electric Appliances and Material Safety Law (PSE)
Specified Electrical Appliances and Materials
1. Copy of Notification of Business for Manufacturing (or Importing) Electrical Appliances and Materials (the copy must have a receipt stamp from METI, and the Table of Classification by Katashiki must be included in the copy) ; Or the register information of manufacturing or import business on METI’s The Safety Portal Website (the Table of Classification by Katashiki must be included)
2. Photograph of label (PSE mark, name of the notifying supplier, name of registered conformity assessment bodies and rated voltage etc. must be legibly displayed on the product)
3. Certificate of Compliance (the document must be issued by one of registered conformity assessment bodies and confirmed Model No. of rated label)
4. Proof of METI’s approval if there is a difference between the name of Notifier in labels and the one in Notification of Business
5. Inspection record (all final products must be tested)
To which already acquired S-mark certification:
If your products have acquired S-mark certification, you can submit the following documents instead:
1. Copy of Notification of Business for Manufacturing (or Importing) Electrical Appliances and Materials (the copy must have a receipt stamp from METI, and the Table of Classification by Katashiki must be included in the copy) ; Or the registered information of manufacturing or import business on METI’s The Safety Portal Website (the Table of Classification by Katashiki must be included)
2. S-mark certification (the model number and Ratings of Product need to be stated in the certificate and the model number must match the one of ASIN’s; a table which shows the relationship between the model number and ASIN must be attached.
Note: We may request you to provide additional documents.
Note: By submitting the information above, you represent and warrant that all such information you provide is true, authentic, and accurate. If you breach this representation or warranty, we may terminate your selling privileges.
Related Standards and Regulations