Amazon requires all smoke alarms and smoke detectors to be approved by JFEII (Japan Fire Equipment Inspection Institute). Additionally, the items need to be stamped with a Kentei mark.
Smoke alarm is an alarm to notify the presence of smoke as an indicator of fire for residential use. Please refer to following link for more details: http://www.jfeii.or.jp/pdf/lecture/11.pdf
Smoke detectors are heat detectors, smoke detectors, fire detectors, and compound detectors. Please refer to following link for more details: http://www.jfeii.or.jp/pdf/lecture/07.pdf
The sale of all products of this product type on the Amazon website must meet specified certification standards. To sell these products on Amazon, you must apply by submitting the following information and documents to this email address:
Documents per ASINs (please include the ASIN in the file name of the documents).
1. Copies of invoices issued in the last 365 days. These should reflect your sales volume during that time and contain product(s)’ name, JAN Code(s), and model number* (*in cases where the JAN Code(s) is not identified in the invoices)
2. A document issues and sealed or signed by the manufacturer demonstrating that you are an authorized reseller
3. Documents showing that you are the manufacturer of each of the ASINs you are seeking approval to sell
1. Photographs of Kentei mark on the product
2. Photographs of the label (manufacturer's name, date of manufacture, etc.)
3. Picture of the entire product
1. Copy of Notification of Business for Manufacturing (or Importing) Electrical Appliances and Materials (the copy must have a receipt stamp from METI, and the Table of Classification by Katashiki must be included in the copy)
2. Photograph of label that contains a PSE mark.(PSE mark, name of Notifier, name of registered conformity assessment bodies and rated voltage etc. must be legibly shown)
3. Certificate of Compliance (the document must be issued by one of registered conformity assessment bodies and confirmed Model No. of rated label.)
4. Proof of METI’s approval if there is a difference between the name of Notifier in labels and the one in Notification of Business
5. Voluntary inspection records
1. Confirmation of volumetric energy density
2. Specifications etc. (Source of evidence for the volumetric energy density confirmation)
1. Certificate of Compliance (issued by a registered conformity assessment body, the document should include Technical Conformity (GITEKI) number on the label ).
2. Photographs of the label that contains a Technical Conformity mark (GITEKI).
1. Radio stations operating with extremely low power of emission compliance mark (ELP mark or TELEC mark), which must be shown at the product or the package
2. Documents that indicate the product is compatible with Radio stations operating with extremely low power of emission